Galvanized steel pipe for water are commonly used for conveying gas and heating. How many years will galvanized pipes rust after use? What should I pay attention to when storing galvanized pipes? Let’s take a look at the following related knowledge together.
How many years can galvanized pipes rust after use
- Hot dip Galvanized steel pipe for water will rust after 8 to 10 years of use, with a service life of more than 20 years;
- Hot dip Galvanized steel pipe for water will rust after 2-3 years, with a service life of 3-5 years;
- ColdGalvanized steel pipe for water will start to rust after about 1 year, and their service life is 2-3 years. However, attention should be paid to the usage environment. Galvanized steel pipe for water with high acid and alkali strength will rust ahead of time and have a sharp decrease in lifespan.
Precautions for storage of Galvanized steel pipe for water
- It cannot be stored in the open air and is susceptible to extreme weather conditions. Rain and snow can corrode the galvanized surface, leading to rusting.
- We should do a good job in dust prevention and keep it as clean as new.
- It should not be placed directly in sunlight, stored in a cool and dry place, and corrosive items should not be stored in the same area.